Scenario: A provider’s clinic schedule is set up with a single column of 20-minute appointment slots, and there are many patients already booked. The provider determines that 15-minute appointments slots would be better, and asks the Administrator to make the change and see that those appointments already booked are rescheduled.
An efficient way to accomplish this task is for the administrator to insert a column of 15-minute appointment slots next to the existing 20-minute column. This will allow the Scheduler/Front Desk person to Drag & Drop the 20-minute appointments on to the 15-minutes slots, where they will conform in everyway to 15-minute appointments. (See the last page)
To Insert a Column of 15min Slots Next to a Column of 20min Slots in the same day:
- From the Workplace dropdown, select the provider’s Workplace and check the corresponding box.
- Click NEW.
- Enter the Template Name and Workplace.
- Select Repeat Rules and select ON* the pertinent days.
- Select Start Time and End Time
- Select Time per Patient
- Select any appointments you want to label as a certain appointment Type or Subtype and Click Apply.
- Select any appointments you want to exclude, e.g. lunch break from 12pm to 1pm and click delete, trash can icon. (not shown)
- Click Save Template.
The Scheduling Templates screen returns.
Admin>Side Menu>Scheduling>Time Slots
- From the dropdown windows select the correct Medical Specialty and Workplace.
- Check the appropriate template box.
- Click Apply Templates.
- Select the date range to be published/applied.
- Select the template to be published/applied.
WE DO NOT OVERWRITE IN THIS CASE.
(We want to leave the existing 20 min. column in place, and add this 15 min. column next to it.)
- Click Save.
NOTE: The “System Working” wheel spins on the Save button as the application of the template takes a little time. (2min. to 15min)
When saving is complete, go to Front Desk > Calendar View to inspect changes.
The screenshot composite below shows calendar views:
BEFORE adding the Monday 15min column
AFTER adding the Monday 15min column
Drag and Drop --- a few 20min appointments transformed to the 15min column.
The 15min appointments can also be dragged back to the 20min column, and they will transform to 20-min. appointments.
Once all appointments have been moved and confirmed, the original 20 minute appointment slots can be deleted.
Click this link to view more articles on Drag and Drop