This instruction shows how to create an exception that repeats on a certain day, of a certain week, of successive months. The example below shows the exception will occur every Monday, of the Fourth week of May through Monday the fourth week of August 2022.
Since this will affect only one provider in the clinic, we use Workplace Exceptions.
From the Administration Tab:
- Select Right Side Menu > Scheduling > Exceptions
The default screen is Clinic Exceptions, In this case:
- Select Workplace Exceptions.
The resulting screen reveals Exceptions that already exist.
- Click New.
- Begin typing the name of the provider for which you want to create a Working Time Exception and select it from the dropdown list and click Add.
If there are multiple providers to which this exception will apply, repeat the step above until all providers are included.
- Check Is Recurring Event
- Click the dropdown arrow to select the Event Type.
- In this case select Other not work reason – AN.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Event Types are created specifically for your organization and the names of event types in this example may not be represented in your clinic software. Choose the most appropriate event type from your own events menu.
Make sure Every week circle is selected.
- Repeat Rules: from the dropdown select Monthly.
- Repeat every 1 Month(s)
- Enter the Every week number (Fourth week of every month)
- Select the day of the week for which the exception is to apply (Monday) and Click Add.
- Enter Date From: 05/01/2022 - 12:00AM and Date To: 08/31/2022 - 11:59PM Click Save.
A warning window appears letting you know that any appointments previously scheduled within the Exception will be sent to the Needs to Be Rescheduled area….click Yes.
This brings you back to the Administration – Workplace Exceptions window where you can verify that the exception has been made.
To verify the exception in the calendar, go to Front Desk> Calendar View and navigate to the date(s) and time(s) of the exception.