This instruction shows how to create a full day exception that repeats on a certain numbered day of the month (e. g., the 1st day of every month, or the 15th of every month). This example shows how to create a full day exception on the 1st day of every month for 3 consecutive months, starting in June of 2022 to August of 2022.
Since this will affect only one provider in the clinic, we use Workplace Exceptions.
From the Administration Tab:
- Select Right Side Menu > Scheduling > Exceptions
The default screen is Clinic Exceptions, In this case:
- Select Workplace Exceptions.
The resulting screen reveals Exceptions that already exist.
- Click New.
- Begin typing the name of the provider for which you want to create a Working Time Exception and select it from the dropdown list and click Add
If there are multiple providers to which this exception will apply, repeat the step above until all providers are included.
- Check Is Recurring Event
- Click the dropdown arrow to select the Event Type.
- In this case we'll select Other not work reason – AN
IMPORTANT NOTE: Event Types are created specifically for your organization and the names of event types in this example may not be represented in your clinic software. Choose the most appropriate event type from your own events menu.
- Repeat Rules: from the dropdown select Monthly.
- Repeat every 1 Month(s)
- Enter the Every day number (1 = the 1st of every month) and click Add.
- Enter Date From: 06/01/2022 and Date To: 08/31/2022
A warning window appears letting you know that any appointments previously scheduled within the Exception will be sent to the Needs to Be Rescheduled bucket. Click Yes.
This brings you back to the Administration – Workplace Exceptions window where you can verify that the exception has been made.
To verify the exception in the calendar, go to Front Desk> Calendar View and navigate to the date(s) and time(s) of the exception.