You can purchase and renew License Keys for Electronic Prescription of Controlled Substances (EPCS) through our partner Exostar. This code will be used by your healthcare providers to begin registration, activation, or renewal of their EPCS accounts. Note: each prescribing provider in your organization will need their own unique License Key.
Purchase a new License Key from the Exostar Portal
1. Begin by visiting https://www4.exostar.com/betterdayhealth and select the option ProviderPass Soft Token Subscription.
2. Select which subscription you would like to purchase and add it to your cart. There are 1, 2, and 3 year subscriptions available.
3. If this is your first time purchasing from the portal you will need to setup a new user account. This will allow for account management and easy checkout in the future. Otherwise, you may sign into your preexisting account and continue to payment.
4. Continue to follow the on screen instructions to complete your payment process.
5. You will receive a confirmation email which will contain your newly purchased License Key.
Accessing Your License Keys
1. Select My Account from the Exostar portal.
2. Under the section labeled Account Subscription & License Key Management click the License Key and Subscription Summary option.
3. Your Codes will be listed below.
Now share the license key with your healthcare provider so they make complete the next step: Identity Proofing - Provider's Guide to EPCS Setup.
Setting Up a Nominator
A Nominator is a role that can be assigned to Administrators and enables them to select the prescribing physicians that will be using EPCS in Better Day Health.
Creating the first Admin Nominator:
If the system has no EPCS Admins at all you should initiate a creation of the first EPCS Admin:
- Login to the desired account and navigate to SA->Users-> Select User
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the EPCS Section click the button 'Set User as EPCS Admin'
Creating Additional Admin Nominators:
- Login with an account that has the EPCS Admin role.
- Navigate to SA->Users-> desired user
- Scroll to the end of the page, select EPCS Admin and submit
- Login back to the account, navigate to the profile(click user name on top right corner, navigate to Staff Details in Right Menu) and accept nomination.
- Navigate to SA->Users-> user. You should have an Epcs Role set on the bottom of the page.
Nominating a Prescriber
Once a Provider has completed their Identity Proofing a system admin or practice manager must now assign and nominate the Provider.
Go to Super Admin > Users
Find and select the User you wish to nominate for EPCS. This will open the User's Details. Scroll to the section labeled EPCS.
Select and Add the Provider roll from the dropdown menu. Click Submit to continue.
The Provider has now been successfully nominated.
The next time the healthcare Provider logs into their account The Provider should click "here" to be directed to the Staff Data page, then click the Accept button.
Finally, the Provider will open the Authy app and enter the Token number and their Better Day Health password to complete the nomination process.
The healthcare provider is now able to begin to securely and easily begin prescribing controlled substances in Better Day Health.