When a new patient is scheduled and entered into the BDH system for the first time, they will receive an email prompting them to register for their appointment . The email contains a Confirmation Code and a link to your clinic’s BDH system.
Clicking the link will open a page where the patient will be prompted to check or enter their Confirmation Code, and enter their birthdate. They will then create a Username and may accept the suggested Password or create their own by clicking “I want to choose a different password.” then click the Create Account button.
To send a "reminder" email to prompt the patient to complete the registration process before arriving at your clinic, open the patient's appointment by left clicking on it in Grid View. This opens the Edit Appointment window. In the right-hand corner of the Appointment Info section, click on the Resend Appt Info button. This will send a reminder email and text message to the patient.
If the patient arrives for their appointment and has not begun the registration process you can do the following:
- Have the patient access your clinic login page using a computer or mobile device.
- The patient will select Register As a New User from the login screen. This will open the window requiring the Confirmation Code.
- You can supply the Confirmation Code to the patient by looking at the patient's appointment in the Grid view on your Check In screen. The Registration Step is displayed on the far-right side of the appointment, and if the patient has not created a username and password the Confirmation Code will be displayed here.
- The patient can then create a username and password and follow the prompts to complete the Registration process.
ALTERNATIVELY, you can use the handy Quick Access QR Code button.
- Open the patient's appointment by left clicking on it in Grid View. This opens the Edit Appointment window.
- In the right-hand corner of the Appointment Info section, click on the Quick Access QR Code button.
- Clicking the Quick Access QR Code button creates a QR code on your screen that you can then scan with a mobile device like a phone or tablet. Scanning this screen launches the Patient Portal so the patient can proceed with the online registration process.