This lesson gives an overview of what the patient chart looks like in the Nurse and Support module.
Begin your patient encounter by left clicking on the appointment in Grid View. This opens the patient chart, and you’ll see that by default it opens to the Vital Signs tab.
At the top of the screen you’ll find a summary of useful information.
- In the left section is the patient’s name, picture, and date of birth. Below that are the appointment time, the current appointment status, appointment type, room location, chief complaint, and any notes that the staff may have entered regarding this appointment.
- The Add/Edit button allows you to open a pop up window where appointment information can be edited, such as adding a Nurse and Support note.
ADD/EDIT – Appointment Info popup window
- In the middle section are the patient’s most recently recorded vital signs and height and weight.
- Hovering over the “information” icon opens a pop up chart of normal vital sign ranges.
Values outside the normal range will be highlighted in red.
- The three bars are a quick link to the Vital Signs grid. At any time you can quickly jump back to the Vital Signs tab from anywhere in the chart.
- The Allergies section displays only CONFIRMED ALLERGIES. If a patient has entered any additional allergies as part of the online Pre Check In process, those allergies will not be displayed in this section until they have been confirmed by a staff member.
Allergies that have been confirmed as severe will appear in red.
- HOVERING over the three dots in this section will open a pop up with more information about the allergies.
- The three bars are a quick link to the page of the chart containing the Allergies grid.
- Below the heading are the tabs that allow you to access each section of the chart as you continue your encounter.