The Patient Dashboard is a quick way for any staff member with the proper permissions to access a patient’s medical records.
- Use the Patient/Person Search bar by entering either the patient’s Name, or Soc. Sec. No. or Date of Birth.
- If the search returns multiple possible patients, left click on the correct patient’s name in the grid to open their patient dashboard.
- If the patient has an existing appointment, you can go to the patient dashboard by clicking on the patient’s picture in the appointments grid view.
- The Patient Dashboard offers a summary of important patient information along with several handy tools for the provider. Here you’ll see contact and demographic information, along with insurance information.
- The Recent Items window provides an activity feed displaying the most recent activity in the patient’s chart. Clicking on any of these will allow you to interact with or edit the item.
- Below that, you’ll see the Patient Basics section, displaying current problems, allergies, and medications along with other pertinent information. Clicking on a heading will open that section of the patient chart. To return to the patient’s dashboard, select Patient Dashboard from the right side menu.
- The Documents section displays documents related to the patient’s chart. Clicking on a document allows you to view and/or print the document or route it to other members of the staff. To return to the patient’s dashboard, always select Patient Dashboard from the right side menu.
- The Upcoming area displays any upcoming appointments this patient may have.
- The Quick Add buttons in the right-hand column allow you to perform numerous tasks related to the patient’s chart and care. Some of these links open a popup window that can simply be closed after performing the task. Other links may navigate you to a different part of the chart. In that case, always be sure to select Patient Dashboard from the right side menu to return to the patient’s dashboard.