Preventive service - it is routine health care that includes screenings, check-ups, and patient counseling to prevent illnesses, disease, or other health problems based on patients demographics (age, birth sex, etc.) or diagnosis.
Preventive Services History - all of the preventive services which are already done
Recommended Preventive Services - manually or automatically added preventive service suggestions for the patient based on demographics or triggers. Services are automatically added displayed in the Recommended Preventive Services grid if the patient matches certain criteria: age, birth sex, race, tobacco use, pregnancy, etc.
Preventive Services Dictionary
SA -> Dictionaries -> Preventive Services
Some of the preventive services are provided from integration with U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, some are created by the user.
Preventive Task Force Section
We are receiving this information from integration:
- The status may be: 'Added', 'Changed', 'Removed'. The 'Removed' status is provided in red.
- Exclamation mark is shown only for those items ('Name', 'Birth Sex', 'Age') which do not match custom preventive services items.
- 'Name', 'Birth Sex', 'Age', 'Frequency of service', 'Tobacco Use-Ever' are parsed from integration data and filled in custom preventive services section after automatic (job) or manual data updates. Some of the values like 'Age' and 'Frequency of service' may be empty or have a lot of text, so the information will not be parsed. In this case, 'Frequency of service' will be set as 'One-time'. 'Tobacco Use-Ever' will be parsed from 'Risk factor information'.
Custom Preventive Service section
- Preferred Service - preventive services will be provided at the top of the 'Recommended Preventive Services' grid in the appointment for selected clinic(s).
- Hide Recommendation - preventive service will be hidden from 'Recommended Preventive Services' grid in the appointment for selected clinic(s).
- Medical Specialty - preventive service will be provided at the top of the 'Recommended Preventive Services' grid in the appointment for selected medical specialty(-ies). Also, the user is able to filter the grid by selected medical specialty.
- Provider - preventive service will be provided at the top of the 'Recommended Preventive Service' grid in the appointment for selected provider(s).
Codes, Related Historical Medical Records, Vaccination, Associated Document Skeleton sections
If 'Specify Selections' checkbox is used when there are multiple options for a single preventive service. If the checkbox is checked and a user adds a preventive service by clicking 'Add to History' / 'Add to Treatment Plan' button in PS recommended grid, then the Specify Selections modal will be provided.
After clicking 'Add to History':
Note. In the previous example, After selecting a vaccine, the 'Create Vaccine' modal will be provided
After clicking 'Add to Treatment Plan':
Adding Preventive Services in Document Skeletons
SA -> Dictionaries -> Preventive Services
If a Preventive Service DS has an IOP and DS is added to appt, then IOP edit modal is provided to complete it.
Preventive Services in the Appointment
N&S / Providers -> Edit Appt -> Treatment Plan / Visit Pertinent / Preventive Services / Start NobleDoc
- All of the data for preventive services is provided from 'Preventive Services' dictionary and 'Custom Preventive Services' section.
- After skeleton is added to the appointment, then preventive service appears in 'New Preventive Services' grid.
Treatment Plan tab
'New Preventive Services' grid is provided in 'Treatment Plan' tab. User may add/remove the items. If item is added in 'New Preventive Services', then the PS item will be added to the PS history grid too.
Visit Pertinent tab
'Preventive Services History' grid is provided in 'Visit Pertinent' tab. User may add/remove the items or add an item to Visit Pertinent basket.
Note. It is the same grid as in 'Preventive Services' tab, so identical information is provided in both grids
An item may be also added to Visit Pertinent basket when the user relates (Global -> Reason for visit -> Preventive Services) certain preventive service and saves the information:
'Full Summary' includes preventive service items from:
- Visit pertinent basket
- Preventive Services History (only the most recent PS is provided)
Preventive Services tab
Two grids exist in this tab: 'Preventive Services History' and 'Recommended Preventive Services'.
Preventive Services History
- The items may be nested and provided in a list. Each item may be checked and removed.
- The user cannot fill a 'Service Date' that is later than today.
Recommended Preventive Services
- The items appear in the grid if certain preventive services criteria (age, birth sex, race, tobacco use, is pregnant) are matching with patient information. The same item may re-appear in the grid after certain time period described in 'Preventive Services Dictionary' ('Frequency of Service').
- If certain preventive service is added to 'Preventive Services History' grid (or through 'Add to History' in 'Recommended Preventive Services' grid) and it also exists in 'Recommended Preventive Services' grid, then the item is removed from 'Recommended Preventive Services' grid.
- If that preventive services is removed from 'Preventive Services History' grid, then it must appear in 'Recommended Preventive Services' grid again.
- Add to Treatment Plan - the item appears in Treatment Plan -> 'New Preventive Services' grid. 'Service Date' is set as appt date. Date is not editable. 'Specify Selections' modal may be opened after clicking this button.
Add to History - the item appears in 'Preventive Services History' grid. 'Service Date' is set as appt date. Date remains editable. 'Specify Selections' modal may be opened after clicking this button.
- 'Service Date' is set as vaccination date if only one vaccine is added from 'Specify Selections' modal.
- Add - an item is added to the grid in create mode. Only unique items may be created.
- Manually added items - this item will be removed for certain frequency. The calculation starts from the item remove date.
- Automatically added items - this item will be removed for certain frequency. The calculation starts from the latest certain preventive service date. Basic triggers will be checked again after item re-population.
There are some triggers which may add other items in the grids.
- Birth sex is checked before adding a preventive service to the grid through advanced triggers.
'Preventive Services History' and 'New Preventive Services' grids are provided in NobleDoc:
Preventive Services in Patients Module
Patients -> Medical Record -> Problems & Procedures
'Preventive Services History' and 'Recommended Preventive Services' are provided in Patients module too. The items are the same as in patient's appt.