1. Locating the Insurance Profile Grid:
a. Patient Medical Record --> Right Side Menu --> Person Details --> Insurance Profiles:
b. Patient Appointment -->
1) Create Appointment --> Insurance Profiles:
2) Edit Existing Appointment --> Insurance Profiles:
2. Adding a New Insurance Profile:
a. Click "Create" --> "Click to add Policy"
b. Select from an existing policy or Search and Select a new policy.
c. Complete all necessary fields and select "Save".
**"Policy #" and "Relationship to Policy" are required fields.
c. Add secondary/tertiary insurances as needed by selecting "Click to Add Policy" and follow the steps above.
d. Verify Insurance Eligibility of 1 or more insurance profiles by 1) Selecting the profile(s) to verify and 2) Clicking "Verify Eligibility"
e. Eligibility is indicated by the bubble to the right of each insurance (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary). Click on the colored bubble to see Eligibility Coverage Details.
f. Make any necessary edits to new insurance profile based on eligibility responses, and when complete, select "Confirm" to add the new insurance profile.
g. YOU MAY "CONFIRM" A PROFILE WITHOUT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION, BUT A NEW PROFILE WILL BE CREATED. IF THE PROFILE REQUIRES A CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT POLICY YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE A NEW PROFILE.
i. Policy Number, Group Number, Relationship to Policy, Medicare Secondary Reason, Plan Type, Effective Date, Expiration Date and Note remain editable fields.
3. Managing Insurance Profiles:
a. Mark profiles as default clicking to select or de-select.
b. View Active/Inactive Status
1."Show Inactive" must be selected to see Inactive Profiles
2. Profiles may be made Active/Inactive by clicking the Profile Status.
3. A Default profile may not be marked as inactive.
4. Expiration Date is displayed.
a. If policy is expired Default status will update to EXPIRED.
5. Active insurance are displayed in the Insurances Polices Grid.
6. Insurance Cases are displayed in the Insurance Cases Grid.
7. Eligibility History is displayed in the Eligibility History Grid.
8. All grids can be minimized/expanded by clicking the dropdown selector.