How to Export a Patient Medical Record Summary via API as a Staff Member
To access a patient's downloadable medical summary from the Better Day® Patient Dashboard go to the Patient Dashboard > Right Side Menu > Communications > Open API
1. Select “Enabled” to turn on Open API access to the patient’s medical record.
2. Electronically sign and consent to download on behalf of the patient, or if present, have the patient sign and consent to download their personal medical information.
3. Click the “Export App” to prepare the download
4. Click “Authorize” to receive the token to access the patient’s medical summary.
-Your “token” will look like this.
5. Enter the date range you wish to download if desired, or leave these fields blank to download all of the patient's medical records for all time.
6. Select “Full CCDA” to download all the patient’s medical records, or select only the medical records components you wish to download and click “Send Request”
7. Select to Download your Medical Records
8. Your downloaded file will show at the bottom of your screen.
9. Your downloaded file is available in your “Downloads” folder for saving to an external drive or attaching to an email.