Version 2.1 Release Notes
Better Day Health™ version 2.1 was released on November 30, 2022. This release included updates and bug fixes to improve functionality and overall experience.
- Patient Can Now Mark Current Medications As Historical During Patient Registration
- Removed Rendered Services From Encounter Documentation Print-Outs
- Improved Patient Balance Retrieval By OPM & BDH Patient ID in the Patient Dashboard
- Arrive & Print / Arrived & Print Text Altered On The Ticket Printout
- Fixed A Validation Issue When Re-selecting A Patient In Medication Renewal Request Window
- Fixed An Issue Where The Dx-Specific Assessment Text Was Not Being Brought Into The Encounter Documentation
- Fixed An Issue Where DME On-The-Fly Orders Were Being Combined With Appt DME Orders, Causing Duplicate Codes Being Sent To OPS
1. Patient Can Now Mark Current Medications As Historical During Patient Registration
- In Patient Registration on the Current Medications page and also in the Patient Portal Medications tab, the patients are now able to select and mark their current medications as 'Historical'.
- Patients can select a single medication or multiple medications and then click the Trash Can Icon. They will see the following pop-up telling them that this medication will be permanently removed, but in the staff portal the medication(s) will still be visible in Patients -> Medications -> Past Medications tab.
- Patient view
- Staff view after patient removes medication(s)
2. Removed Rendered Services Section From Encounter Documentation Print-Outs
- This improvement only applies to appointments finalized or re-finalized AFTER this release.
3. Improved Patient Balance Retrieval By OPM & BDH Patient ID in the Patient Dashboard
- This improvement addresses an issue where a patient chart is created in OPS with charges but a patient ID was not assigned in the BDH, therefore the balance from these services were not shown in BDH.
4. Text Altered On The Arrive & Print Ticket Printout
1. Fixed An Issue Where The Validation 'Patient Was Not Found. Please Select Matching Patient In System Patient Section' Was Displayed When Re-selecting A Patient In The Patient Lookup Of A Medication Renewal Request Window